FileSonic.com – $17PPS, $35/1000 Downloads – Make Your Life Easier - Go with FS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I applaud Hish for disabling the internal remote. Its better to stop the endless spam and wastage of HDD space on server with millions of dupe files than to see Filesonic being banned on major forums like WBB.

WBB has now lifted the ban on FSc thanks to Hish disabling the internal remote. Rest assured, if FSc didn't take this drastic step, all major forums would have soon banned FSc because the spam was becoming intolerable.

To those who are still it doubt, the ban in WBB was not because of the 400mb limit but the immense spam caused by internal remote. This was made clear by ENIGMA just before the ban was lifted.

I applaud Hish for disabling the internal remote. Its better to stop the endless spam and wastage of HDD space on server with millions of dupe files than to see Filesonic being banned on major forums like WBB.

WBB has now lifted the ban on FSc thanks to Hish disabling the internal remote. Rest assured, if FSc didn't take this drastic step, all major forums would have soon banned FSc because the spam was becoming intolerable.

To those who are still it doubt, the ban in WBB was not because of the 400mb limit but the immense spam caused by internal remote. This was made clear by ENIGMA just before the ban was lifted.

I agree with you ;)

Its better to stop the endless spam and wastage of HDD space on server with millions of dupe files

There is no dupe files ;)

Btw some 'uploaders' will really cry now :D

If it's even for a few days down, I salute to that decision!

Not sure if it's in the best interest of filesonic, but people were really abusing that.

I am sure that they will make balance between remote uploads, by putting some daily limit, and endless spam some folks made by completely abusing this service.

@superboy0905,

Thank you very much.

Option 1 and 3 :) are considered as PPS or sale off your link.

and 93.2% of sales (in Feb month) are from these two options only :) so chances of occurrence of Option 2 and 4 is very rare mate :)

Please feel free to ask for more doubts if you have any :)

Regards

@Reverse,

Thank you a lot.:)

Last edited:

Was a lot of fake files being spammed or was it just regular? I remember i used to see fake movies posted on warez-bb all the time and 9/10 times it would be with filesonic links.

Remote FS > FS...

We are running tests on the FS to FS Remote Upload and it might not work over the weekend.

If you want to Remote Upload while it's not working, use a service like: hxxp://file-remoter.com/

Never liked the Internal "Copy" (Leecher) Remoter... a Remote Internal Uploader is more "Honest"...

My 3 cents (i foud one cent today, with the 2 i had, makes 3) :)

Was a lot of fake files being spammed or was it just regular? I remember i used to see fake movies posted on warez-bb all the time and 9/10 times it would be with filesonic links.

Generally speaking, everything was being spammed to high heaven with filesonic. Fake files, legit files...it didn't matter. It was just too easy to remote upload FSC links posted by others and start spamming and of course if someone posted a fake file, that would also get duplicated a 100 times unknowingly. So you can understand that was a massive problem.

Basically what the WBB admins said was that they wanted more viewership for the legitimate posters who worked hard on their posts but instead with everyone spamming like crazy, the posts of legitimate posters got buried pretty quickly and the only thing downloaders could see whenever they searched for something were threads of spammers with zero effort put behind their posts.

I hope Filesonic disables the internal remote permanently or else WBB & many other prominent forums might ban FSc for good.

Yeah really disliked Fso to Fso, so many spam whores out there abusing the service. If not for warez-bb, Fso to Fso would still continue, thanks warez-bb!

Generally speaking, everything was being spammed to high heaven with filesonic. Fake files, legit files...it didn't matter. It was just too easy to remote upload FSC links posted by others and start spamming and of course if someone posted a fake file, that would also get duplicated a 100 times unknowingly. So you can understand that was a massive problem.

Basically what the WBB admins said was that they wanted more viewership for the legitimate posters who worked hard on their posts but instead with everyone spamming like crazy, the posts of legitimate posters got buried pretty quickly and the only thing downloaders could see whenever they searched for something were threads of spammers with zero effort put behind their posts.

I hope Filesonic disables the internal remote permanently or else WBB & many other prominent forums might ban FSc for good.

I can understand their point, i stopped posting over there for similar reasons. Seems like the only way your thread would get noticed is if you were already a well known poster or you had rapidshare/hotfile links and you'd get a couple thanks before it gets buried.

Interesting to see what happen next...is it only weekend test or will it be permanent.

To be honest, so far i only RU less than 5% ( about 30 short videos ) from all files ( about 1000 ) i have. So this RU from FSo - FSo whatever the decision, not giving me any problems. I get used to upload with my filezilla ( Need 24 hours for 7 - 8GB upload with my internet connection :D )

Whatever the progress and the decision from Filesonic regarding this matter will never making me press "panic button"...

w00t!
i love this : remote whores getting kicked to the curb just made my day!

Love you Filesonic, keep rockin in the free world.

i'm with you guys :)

or turn off remote upload would be even better.

me <3 ftp :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back