DVD and BluRay physical media vs Streaming

e.t.

Do you think physical media is over? In my country there is no DVD or Bluray in stores to buy them.

On the other hand, streaming services such as Netflix exclude some movie from their offer. People say they have to pay for multiple streaming options to have the movies they like.

6 comments
Do you think physical media is over? In my country there is no DVD or Bluray in stores to buy them.

On the other hand, streaming services such as Netflix exclude some movie from their offer. People say they have to pay for multiple streaming options to have the movies they like.
1- There is a more value of Streaming service for instant entertainment.
2- Soon you will have importance of Offline DVD's as well, because there will be a new era of DVD is going to be start in world, as China has developed a DVD containing more than 1TB space in one DVD. So everyone will enjoy that as well for their long term collections.

1- There is a more value of Streaming service for instant entertainment.

I would not agree, streaming such as Netflix provides lower picture quality and worst of all, it excludes movies from the offer because they lose the rights to the movie. They do not have a translation in all languages. For 4K quality, they offer a birate that is closer to DVD quality. In the future, we will have higher prices and lower quality of TV entertainment. All to the detriment of end consumers. The future is 4K, and streaming cannot deliver 4k, let alone 8K.
Post automatically merged:

2- Soon you will have importance of Offline DVD's as well, because there will be a new era of DVD is going to be start in world, as China has developed a DVD containing more than 1TB space in one DVD. So everyone will enjoy that as well for their long term collections.
I hope that they will not need to buy a new device for such new generation of 1TB DVD or BluRay, because customers are tired of having to buy a device every 3 years for a lot of money. But it sounds cool 1TB physical media.

Say goodbye to physical DVD/Bluray :hand_splayed:
Do you think this is because of the high price of physical media or because people like streaming? I have a big TV and streaming doesn't have the quality of the original movie on physical media.

Last edited:
I would not agree, streaming such as Netflix provides lower picture quality and worst of all, it excludes movies from the offer because they lose the rights to the movie. They do not have a translation in all languages. For 4K quality, they offer a birate that is closer to DVD quality. In the future, we will have higher prices and lower quality of TV entertainment. All to the detriment of end consumers. The future is 4K, and streaming cannot deliver 4k, let alone 8K.

I hope that they will not need to buy a new device for such new generation of 1TB DVD or BluRay, because customers are tired of having to buy a device every 3 years for a lot of money. But it sounds cool 1TB physical media.

Do you think this is because of the high price of physical media or because people like streaming? I have a big TV and streaming doesn't have the quality of the original movie on physical media.
1- I am talking about specifically only for Netflix, My comments on general streaming service over the Internet.
2- Yes, that dvd will be used on new dvd rom which operated with three laser light system, currently we are using ROM's and writers with one lens, but in future there will be 3 lens

1- I am talking about specifically only for Netflix, My comments on general streaming service over the Internet.
2- Yes, that dvd will be used on new dvd rom which operated with three laser light system, currently we are using ROM's and writers with one lens, but in future there will be 3 lens
In general.
Netflix or any streaming server does not offer native birate for movie. For straming which offers 4K, actually is five times less quality than 4K should have, and then they sell 4K content. On smaller TV screens, this is not noticeable, as the difference between DVD and BluRay picture is not so noticeableon a smaller TV screen , but on larger TV screens, it can be seen that it is more blurry. Likewise, all TV internet providers started to remove some movies from the offer, they say they are losing rights on movie.
For music It's different, all music is on the same straming provider, they don't throw out music artists and that's ok.

For the new DVD burner, that you mention I don't think people will buy it because it will be expensive. The price will only drop when they see that people are not interested in it. And such a blank 1TB DVD media will probably be expensive, considering that blank BluRay media today are still very expensive and they have 25-100 GB space depending. It will be more profitable for people to buy a hard drive.
That's my opinion, but it doesn't have to be that way. DVD is always safer as backup data than hard disk.

Though I love watching movies from Bluray/listening to music from CDs, I think that their time is over unfortunately. Enthusiasts still use them and I noticed that vynil is having a comeback though

Back