Does SEO really matters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Praveer

Hello all,
I am really confused and wanna know that whether really SEO helps better indexing of our site? I am using phpBB and they claim that by default the URL generated by phpBB is SEO friendly. Theres also a MOD phpbb-seo but phpBB say that no SEO MOD whatsoever is required. They also have an article about SEO here

http://blog.phpbb.com/tag/seo/

And also according to phpBB, SEO is not required for better page ranking and indexing.

So I wanna know whether to install a SEO MOD or not?

Please help.

Thanks
Praveer

10 comments
Well,
I do prefer friendly url's but they do not help you in faster indexing of your site, Pagerank and backlinks help you in faster indexing.

If you have backlinks on sites that are often crawled by Google you'll get crawled too. Bigger Pagerank, and bigger amount of backlinks you have, your site will get indexed faster by Google. There are many sites that don't have friendly url's, but they are indexed faster than some sites with friendly url's.

I'd install the phpBB SEO Mod, but you gotta tweak it, auto-generated links sucks.

Yeah thats true. But not good with php so cannot modify it. And also can it be installed with Auto Mod? Is there any mod for SEF urls apart from phpbb seo.

I don't know really. When I used phpBB I installed it normally, edited all files that had to be edited, etc. It's not hard at all, because all you have to do is "find&replace". Nothing hard, if you don't have HTML experience, maybe the template editing part would be hard, because you need to find out is your template based on subSilver or proSilver, that can be found out easily by opening your stylesheet.css.

phpBB can have friendly url's only with phpBBSEO Mod. Of course, it can be custom coded, but there's no point in it, since phpBB SEO Mod is perfectly fine.

phpBB premod is phpBB with pre-installed phpBB SEO mod. You install the phpBB premod normally, and turn on SEO in the ACP later.

Ultimate URL Package is when you already have forum powered by phpBB and you want friendly URL's.

Thanks for explaining me Jason.

I got confused reading the blog post whose link I have given in my first post. Hence was not sure whether to install SEO MOD or not.

SEO does not matter in all cases, if you have a generic blog, you will get the most out of your outstanding content. SEO will not help you much with this!

But if you go after a certain niche, SEO is your best bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back