Skip to content
WJunction - Webmaster Forum

Do you prune inactive members?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just wondering how many of you delete users of your forums who are inactive for a certain period of time?

I only did it once, deleted every user with like 4-5 months of inactivity
Ended up wit like 3000 users left and now almost at 5000, I would of had like 10,000 users by now if i didn't delete them.


do you guys do this or no?
if you have around how many users total have you deleted?
 

11 comments

The only thing I do to inactive members are members of our staff. If they're inactive for 2 weeks I mail them. If they're an uploader and don't respond i demote them. If it's other staff members i generally wait at least a month of no response unless I already know why they're absent. There's way to many regular members to go through for inactivity.
 
Yes, IMHO its better to have less users, but activity. What's the point in having 10k users when only 1k of them returns to your site.

Delete the other 9k imo :|
 
The only thing I do to inactive members are members of our staff. If they're inactive for 2 weeks I mail them. If they're an uploader and don't respond i demote them. If it's other staff members i generally wait at least a month of no response unless I already know why they're absent. There's way to many regular members to go through for inactivity.
(y)

--

Deleting them will be a good idea but what if someone has gone for a holiday? :S
 
Its kind of a mixed-bag really. Personally im not very active on a lot of forums, but i have an account. I suppose one way to do it is to prune users not active for 6+ months - i guess that would yield the best result in terms of removing "inactive" users. Deleting users with a postcount of < 1 might actually remove a few active but quiet users. Most people are lurkers, but nevertheless, download the content you posted, which in the end, is what your uploaders did their job for.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

About the author

B
Active Member · Joined
Looking out my skyscraper window
4,686
Messages
621
Reactions
113
Points

Advertise on WJunction

Reach 1000's of webmasters, hosts & affiliates. Banner & sponsored-thread slots available.

Contact us
Back
Top Bottom