Votes: 7 24.1%
  • cPanel

Votes: 22 75.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
19 comments
Now my turn? why I use DirectAdmin?

Lightweight, higly secured(much more secure than cPanel), few bugs, and if there are bugs team will fix them asap, cheaper, easy to manage, integration with CSF and list can continue,

cPanel is the more user friendly option with many features but there is a big price difference in licenses compared to Direct admin.

cPanel is by fair best though :)

as per my experience directadmin is tough and have more bugs
so on my servers i never think of direct admin, i always use cpanel and not only me, every company which is good in bussiness use cpanel!

@devilmaycry , manu use cPanel because of their shared hosting, and most of shared accounts are hosted on very powerfull servers with huge amount of ram. but when you will try on a vps with 256MB ram you will see that cPanel may eat somewhere around 128 RAM, and directadmin needs only 8-10...

We're talking shared hosting here, so cPanel is some kind of a standard (like winblowz is for home users).

As for VPSs I'd never install cPanel on 'em (quite a stupid move if you ask me), only Virtualmin (and maybe DA)

It has more features therefore it consumes way more resources.
Half of the options available in cpanel aren't used.

DirectAdmin I would say is more secure & faster.

a regular user doesn't use 80% if cPanel

@Erratic : ok, no control panel, but not all users have access to ssh(shared hosts doesn't offer this), you nede to create mysql dbs, ftp users etc.

Btw, I have 2 VPS's. both on hyper VM, but one is running webmin and the other directadmin. webmin is using only 20MB ram and the vps with directadmin takes me 180MB RAM, but has traffic, scripts running, firewall, crons, and other softwares. the one with webmin is empty. empty

DA is faster uses less memory and cpu power, however cpanel is uses for funtionality. Both of them are good. however the price of both of them is important, so i would choose DA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back