• No

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Yes. With the help of google

Votes: 23 25.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesse

Everyday I qet questions on how to do simple things like copy+paste the HTML code for an image into a website. Seems like most webmasters have become so dependent on forum software or blogs that they forget, or never cared to learn basic skills that makeup a webmaster. Hell, you can install forums or blogs with the click of a button through cPanel now.

So just curious, if you had to create a site from scratch just using HTML; could you? Without using google or help.

54 comments
i dont claim to be a guru or anything. I do know teh basics as you mentioned doing simple shit like adding images,links,tables etc.. its when it comes to teh css,js stuff like tht im kinda lost.. but Google is awesome about answering my questions lol

I meant to say just basic HTML in the title. No CSS or anything.

That's really all you need. Anything else you can pickup fairly quickly and ranch off of.

I quite happily can, Sometimes when im working on a big project i disconnect from the internet as i find it very distracting.

Edit.
Proof FTW ...

[slide]http://i54.tinypic.com/29l05dd.png[/slide]

[slide]http://i54.tinypic.com/14wsvtv.png[/slide]

yes i can create the simple website with static pages...not dynamic...if one gets to practice he can make easily with html using scripts,css and all

Ya easily enough. I'd make a great go at a html 5 one too which I'm only recently started playing with. I'm not great with js so wouldn't be able to animate anything without Google's help.

The real question is if you could make a full site with no premade script. Everyone relies on the premade scripts way 2 much imo. I personally won't have a problem, however depending on the task of the script I might check php.net for syntax of a function.

Whenever i've done html.. I've managed through notepad++/other html softwares. But I struggle when it comes to actually hosting the site, due to not really knowing it properly or just the hosts are shite haha

I know enough to make a simple CSS and HTML website and it be W3C Valid. I'm no guru if I was to add awesome effects etc I would use Google. Made my first site in notepad without google :) lol

I made this website 100% my self using 100% HTML for school, just to proof I can write a website with pure HTML only. Its in dutch, and hosted on my server at home, so don't expect much, but it looks pretty cool though (for pure HTML)!

I can do html and css without any help. Really really easy!

When I first began I used notepad and not the easy way(Dreamweaver). I still prefer coding in notepad or Notepadd++.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back