Building a Modern Movie Streaming Platform with Next.js – Feedback & Feature Suggestions?

xxandeer

Hi everyone!

I’ve noticed that there’s a lack of quality, up-to-date software solutions for creating and managing movie streaming platforms. Most of what’s available is built for WordPress, which often doesn’t meet the needs of modern streaming services in terms of scalability, performance, and customization.

I’m currently planning to build a new movie streaming platform solution using Next.js, and I’d love to get some input from the community before I start development. The platform will be designed to help anyone who wants to set up and manage their own streaming service, whether for indie filmmakers, studios, or hobbyists.

Here’s where I need your help:

• What features would you expect in a movie streaming platform?
    • User registration, profiles, and subscription models?
    • Customizable interfaces, movie libraries, and genre filtering?
    • analytics, or content recommendation systems?
  • What would you consider a fair pricing model?
    • Would you prefer a one-time purchase for the software or a subscription-based service?
    • How much value would you place on regular updates, customer support, and new features?
I want to build something truly useful and tailored to what the community needs, so your feedback will be crucial in guiding this project. Looking forward to hearing your ideas and thoughts on this!

Thanks in advance! 😊

1 comment
Everything that already have in Dooplay, fmovies, and some others is already great, but most of them never up date. Hope this is not the same.

Feature user registration, payment, subscription... As u mentioned all is good. Anyway I really love to be part of tester if possible :) currently I'm a Dooplay user.

Back