Best OS{Operating system}

Best Operating system

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For security, tweaking and hacking (not the evil type of hacking) Linux by far pwns all. Win7 pwns all when it comes to gaming and ease of use. Chrome OS is, IMO, trash. Though it might be usefull for some devices in the future. Mac OS has a clean interface. Everything else about it is very average. It has nothing to offer and Apple is very restrictive. Waste of money.

It depends on what you want from your OS I guess. For me personally a dual-boot setup with Win7 and a custom openSUSE 11.2 build is a perfect marriage.

Obviously it's linux from 90% of technical users.
Mac looks nice but really is horrible.
Windows is great (especially 7) but isn't as customiseable as linux.
Linux wins all, you can rip it to shreds and it still won't be unbootable. Most things are free for it and it supports everything you could ever need. Only downside is gaming.

Edit:
Just noticed he said "for a webmaster", then it really is linux.
Can't go wrong with VIM, GNU Screen & ZSH, don't even need a window manager lol.

In order:

Linux
- Webmasters System of choice
Windows 7 - For the Multi-media usage
MAC - They Rarely crash & Best OS for music engineering

That very first time you used a computer (with Windows) was hard too. Ubuntu nor SuSE are hard. Both are fairly simple and user-friendly. They just might seem hard because it's a new environment. But work with it for a few weeks and it'll be just like Windows for the most part.

That very first time you used a computer (with Windows) was hard too. Ubuntu nor SuSE are hard. Both are fairly simple and user-friendly. They just might seem hard because it's a new environment. But work with it for a few weeks and it'll be just like Windows for the most part.

Hmm, nice advice, I'll give Ubuntu more time then :P

I personally think Windows 7 is best all around OS, and Linux is the safest OS. If you're a home user Windows 7 and for your kids... Linux! That way they can't screw it up.. Linux is great for businesses and basically any server. Just my opinions..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back