Ubuntu
Free BSD
Red hat
Fedora
openSUSE

Cent OS 5 kthnx

//Edit could a mod add a poll :| it didnt direct me to the polling option

30 comments
I'm starting to dislike Ubuntu. For some reason updates tend to screw up the sound and video drivers and sometimes cause dependency issues. The sound mixer in 10.4 is IMO a really poor imitation of the one introduced in Vista. And they use PulseAudio *pukes*.

I think we'll start to see a lot more screwups with Ubuntu from now on, they are really trying hard to slightly win the desktop operating system war, but I still prefer Ubuntu, I don't know why.

I think it's because Ubuntu was the first distribution I used, some type of unconditional love attachment happened there or something lol.

Lol, same thing with me and SuSE. It's underrated though. SuSE can easily compete with Ubuntu in my humble opinion but still very little people give it a try.

I use Fedora on my home computers, and CentOS on my servers. As you can see I love RH based distributions, I guess because it's my first distro (Red Hat 7.3 or 7.2, not sure anymore) :)
Also Slackware and Gentoo are good.

People that know something about *nix, will know that Kernel is most important thing, other stuff are user preferences.

I forgot to tell, my vote goes to CentOS, because that distro is making me money :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back