What uploading application do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JGM

Title says it all really I am trying to find a new one which does RS/MU and HF and this got me thinking "what does everybody else use" so hence the question.

Simples!

JGM <3

11 comments
^ It's awesome, but you will have to donate + pay another 20$ if you wanna upload to ur own HF acct :/

FTP is the best and fastest method for most file hosts.
file & image uploader is ok for mu cause it give the download links after the upload is done. but it makes to many errors, the uploads breaks up and sometimes the files don't go into your account.
few times after the upload was done, when I checked in MU file manager I saw some files are missing but all download links given in file & image uploader worked fine. so with file & image uploader sometimes the files are uploaded on megaupload but not in your account.

At FTP upload

I have problems resuming interrupted file uploads.

Tested with:

-FileZilla
-FTPRush
-FlashFXP

WITHOUT ROUTER:

at HOTFILE.com:
log in: [R] Connecting to HotFile.com -> DNS=ftp.hotfile.com IP=xxx.yyy.zzz.81 PORT=21
I start upload a file, interrupt upload, log off

later
log in: [R] Connecting to HotFile.com -> DNS=ftp.hotfile.com IP=xxx.yyy.zzz.80 PORT=21
I can't resume the interrupted file upload,
because I can't see the half uploaded file at all.

This is because the end of the IP adress of ftp.hotfile.com is different .80 and .81
If the IP adress of ftp.hotfile.com is exactly the same, then everything is fine.
I can see the file, and I can resume it.

This is not good for hotfile.com either
because there will be a lot of junk files.

The same happens at fileserve:

WITHOUT ROUTER:

at FILESERVE.com:
log in: [R] Connecting to FileServe.com -> DNS=ftp.fileserve.com IP=zzz.xxx.yyy.120 PORT=21

later
log in: [R] Connecting to FileServe.com -> DNS=ftp.fileserve.com IP=zzz.xxx.yyy.117 PORT=21
I can't resume the interrupted file upload,
because I can't see the half uploaded file at all.

This is because the end of the IP adress of ftp.fileserve.com is different .120 and .117
If the IP adress of ftp.fileserve.com is exactly the same, then everything is fine.

This is not good for fileserve.com either
because there will be a lot of junk files.

BUT:

WITHOUT ROUTER:

at SHARINGMATRIX.com:

At sharingmatrix I get an FTP IP for 24 hours,
So I always connect to the same IP.
After 24 hour I have to renew my FTP username/password.

log in: [R] Connecting to SharingMatrix.com -> DNS=s9999.sharingmatrix.com IP=yyy.zzz.xxx.154 PORT=21

later
log in: [R] Connecting to SharingMatrix.com -> DNS=s9999.sharingmatrix.com IP=yyy.zzz.xxx.154 PORT=21
I can resume the interrupted file upload,
because I can see the half uploaded file in case of SharingMatrix.com.

The IP adress of s9999.sharingmatrix.com is exactly the same within 24 hours.

I already am using File & Image Uploader and paid for the licence for it but to get HF support you have to register a new account with him as affiliate so you can't use an exisiting premium account which sucks :( it's a damn shame too the app supports a lot of hosters.

Maybe those outstanding coders out there on WJ can make something better :D

Thanks for all the input folks (y) much appreciated as always.

Does anybody else have any suggestions?

JGM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back