Video download and uploader script

Status
Not open for further replies.

steeler

Hello,

I wondered if maybe there was a script to download movies and automatically upload file hostings that allow hotlink... Well I doubt I will find something so easy, but at least I find something I simplify the process :P, Do you know something like that?

9 comments
Well, i'm trying to do a website or blog where i can publish all my movies (preferably HD) and view it from anywhere, then maybe make it public.

nope, i need to download (unrar if needed) and upload it to a host that allows file hotlinking, then put the movie embeded in a website, so is ready to play from anywhere :D

you will not find any file host which allows hotlinking. There are a few, but they have very limited storage, and bandwidth... you should just use megavideo or novamov, where you can get the embedding code. As for the script: there are a few in this forum (which are downloading then uploading new content) , but not for free. For downloading the easiest way i think is with utorrent + a good torrent sites rss feed, so it can fetch new content as soon as it is out, and i believe you can unrar it with utorrent too. For upload, maybe you can use zooms uploader tool (google zoom uploader) - the premium version of this tool can watch directories (i believe, as i don't have premium version) so any file will be uploaded to the selected file host/s from that directory.

So basically:
utorrent fetches new torrents from rss feed
utorrent or a one-line linux unrar command places the downloaded files into a folder
which folder is the watch folder of for zoom uploader, which then uploads the files
Finished :)

You can do this with a better linux vps :)

Thank you!, any help was needed and you put some valuable info that gives me a understanding of scripts of this nature :D

I'll google it and then inform you how is all going.

Well, i've founded this scripts apart from zoom ul: phpul, sborg, dcrewposter, bulldozerproject.com...

Can you recommend any of these?, Can you propose another one?, I'm planning to make a poll when i have a reasonable good list of ul-poster scripts, to make a decision.

Finally, Anyone knows a script like dcrewposter, but for WP?

hi!
I'm not using any of those scripts. With bulldozer, the problem is that it is not really automated, i mean, you still have to post your links to your files to bulldozer.com, and a week earlier it was only supporting easyshare, and i don't like that host.

The best option for you maybe if you hire someone, who can make a script for you mainly for uploads (because as i said with an rss fetcher and utorrent or rtorrent, you can automatically download files. The problematic part is the upload, as i don't know about any script or program which is uploading automatically, and uses a watch directory.

Sborg is the best if you uses Wordpress !

somik makes a lot of updates and if you find a bug just contact him and he will fix it very shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back