I recently created my own file hosting site; it is already online and operational, but I believe there are still areas for improvement.
The idea came about because I used other file hosting services where files that didn't receive downloads for a certain period would end up being deleted. This forced me to re-upload them, wasting time and effort.
That is why I created my own service, where user-uploaded files are not deleted due to a lack of downloads. Currently, files are stored on a cloud service with unlimited storage, and the plan is to maintain this structure while gradually improving the project.
I would like a comprehensive review of the site, focusing particularly on the following points:
Currently, the server has limited resources, especially regarding RAM. I plan to invest in and upgrade the infrastructure gradually as the project grows. The service's main value proposition is offering file hosting without the risk of files being removed simply due to a lack of downloads. Each account comes with unlimited storage within the underlying cloud infrastructure.
I would particularly like to know if the upload, download, and streaming speeds are adequate for a project still in its early stages, and I welcome suggestions for improvements or fixes.
Any feedback—even regarding minor details—would be appreciated.
#UP
Update:
A reports area was created
The idea came about because I used other file hosting services where files that didn't receive downloads for a certain period would end up being deleted. This forced me to re-upload them, wasting time and effort.
That is why I created my own service, where user-uploaded files are not deleted due to a lack of downloads. Currently, files are stored on a cloud service with unlimited storage, and the plan is to maintain this structure while gradually improving the project.
I would like a comprehensive review of the site, focusing particularly on the following points:
- Download speed: check if the speed is adequate and if there are any bottlenecks.
- Streaming: test file playback directly in the browser and check for freezing, buffering, or limitations.
- Upload: verify that uploads are working correctly, including for larger files.
- Stability: check for errors, downtime, or issues during use.
- Registration and login: test account creation, login, logout, and potential session issues.
- Download: verify that links work correctly and check for issues with large files.
- Interface: evaluate ease of use, organization, and potential user experience improvements.
- Responsiveness: check performance on computers, mobile phones, and various screen sizes.
- Security: identify potential vulnerabilities or configurations that need improvement.
- Performance: analyze whether the limited RAM currently available might be causing any constraints.
- System limitations: identify potential issues I should fix before increasing the user base.
- Overall experience: check for any details that might hinder the use of the service.
Currently, the server has limited resources, especially regarding RAM. I plan to invest in and upgrade the infrastructure gradually as the project grows. The service's main value proposition is offering file hosting without the risk of files being removed simply due to a lack of downloads. Each account comes with unlimited storage within the underlying cloud infrastructure.
I would particularly like to know if the upload, download, and streaming speeds are adequate for a project still in its early stages, and I welcome suggestions for improvements or fixes.
Any feedback—even regarding minor details—would be appreciated.
Post automatically merged:
#UP
Update:
A reports area was created
Last edited: