Plesk www and non www problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

orc_dragoon

Ive been using plesk for about half a month now and when I put some sites on my plesk ran vps. I noticed a slight traffic decrease.

For some reason my sites work for the non www, but when you try the www. version of the site, it goes to the default domain Page. Does anyone know how to troubleshoot or fix this?

10 comments
its a matter of choice to have either www or just domain.com, the best way to solve this is to use a 301 redirect , keep your domain as domain.com and use a 301 redirect to get the traffic from people going to www.

its a matter of choice to have either www or just domain.com, the best way to solve this is to use a 301 redirect , keep your domain as domain.com and use a 301 redirect to get the traffic from people going to www.

Yes, I know, but It seems the www. and non www are using different directories.

I've seen this glitch.

Delete the WWW entry out of the DNS zone, then go under domain administrator access and check the WWW checkbox. Wait a bit and then try it.

Ive been using plesk for about half a month now and when I put some sites on my plesk ran vps. I noticed a slight traffic decrease.

For some reason my sites work for the non www, but when you try the www. version of the site, it goes to the default domain Page. Does anyone know how to troubleshoot or fix this?
Same problem. Maybe you use urgentvps? One domain i fix but i don`t know how but another still have this problem. Anyway Plesk is shit and worst control panel ever.

look at A records of www in your DNS manager, it should point to the same IP... if you do not have www entry yet better create one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back