Need some advice, script ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark_hunter

Need some advice on an up coming website/project that will review web hosting in category's like performance, up time, and support stats ect. Is there any scripts out there that I can edit/build on. And anything else I need to put into consideration.

3 comments
There are review scrips for wordpress. I don't know exact links but I saw them on a couple of sites.

Hosting niche is not easy, I wish you good luck

Looked into this and did some research before for a client. Their are a few problems I encountered and therefore abandoned the idea. The main problem is most Hosting companies are notorious spammers. Just look at the WJunction Hosting area. It will be very very difficult for you to tell which is a real review and which is a fake review to increase the rating and gain more customers.

I considered even going to the extreme of getting Hosting Companies to host a tiny verification file that would confirm the person was hosted with them along with gather data like uptime, speed etc. but even this would be easy to tamper with.

In short I concluded it would just become a spam, flaming and advertising mess.

@mrhappy. True

@topic
I just saw a FileHost review Website that Gave something like 2 and 2.5 out of 5 to Filehosts like Hotfile, Rapidshare
And gave 5/5 to Megashare.com !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back