member profile indexed by google

Status
Not open for further replies.

kizmark

is it positive response from google to indexed my members profile.. I noticed that google has most indexed my members profile (minutes ago) rather than on my topic titles (hours ago)...

6 comments
i think its pretty useless to allow spiders to index member profiles, if you use vbseo then you can add rel="nofollow" for member profiles through vbseocp

Code:
[B]Members Profiles[/B]
Nearly all sites have users online at the bottom of the site or a list  of members who’ve visited in the last 24 hours. There can be hundreds in  this list. As outlined earlier links in the footer have a lot of weight  as they could be navigation. If you have your members profiles closed  to guests as nearly all sites do you could have hundreds of dead links  in a row all leading to a login page. No forum has a rel=”no follow” for  members names so all links are followed. If you had to follow a few  hundred links in a row and they were all dead you’d be pretty pissed. 
It’s not just in the footer. Member’s names are in every post, index,  forum, who’s online page, members list etc. That means that there are  thousands of links that Google follows which it considers dead.
If you search as I do often an uploader or a member in Google you’ll  nearly always be presented with Freshwap.net or WarezLobby.org as these  are some of the only sites that have their Member Profiles open to  guests and as a result get loads of traffic.

From Mr.Happy's Thread
http://www.wjunction.com/showthread.php?t=28398

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back