Megaupload founder loses ‘Call of Duty’ crown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooper

Banned
Banned
Dotcom, born Kim Schmitz, plays Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 under the name MEGARACER. And on New Year's Eve, MEGARACER managed to become the number 1 ranked player in the world -- no small feat for a game that sold over 15 million copies (and no small irony, considering he ran a site responsible for sharing illegal copies of the game).

Thanks to his brush with the law, however, he's slipped to the number 2 spot, usurped by a most-definitely-not-in-jail gamer named Azaros. Seeing as how Dotcom's been denied bail -- he's been deemed an 'extreme flight risk' -- it looks like Azaros' score is pretty safe for now.

One entire wall of his mansion is outfitted with seven 60-inch HD screens, each with its own Xbox 360 console and Lazyboy recliner. That's some serious man-caving.

Check out this vid of Dotcom reaching his short-lived Modern Warfare 3 goal.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-ltcCF_cAQ&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Source Yahoo

21 comments
Damn lucky bastard, Dotcom!!!

OFF: First i thought Sanvik posted it and i didn't want to "like" the post, but then when i looked closer it was Cooper so i "like"ed it.

To be very honest i admire this guy really badly he made something out of himself yeah maybe not in a legit way but he did it. He gain Millions with his own idea and worked hard for it and enjoyed his life.

Isn't that what most of us dream to achieve this guy should be given a medal not be imprisoned he is a hero and all self made man.

:O
To be very honest i admire this guy really badly he made something out of himself yeah maybe not in a legit way but he did it. He gain Millions with his own idea and worked hard for it and enjoyed his life.

Isn't that what most of us dream to achieve this guy should be given a medal not be imprisoned he is a hero and all self made man.

Self made? He stole money from investors in his previous bullshit. Do some research on him. He's nothing more than a career criminal that fell through the cracks of the legal system.

He isn't some sort of genius as you portray him. He scammed investors earlier in Germany, took all the money and fled. Then hired some guys with actual technical skills to start Megaupload with that money. Based on Rapidshare's successful business model, Megaupload soon became profitable.

As Buddah said, he is just a career criminal. He didn't get to where he did with his own talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back