MechoDDL should Accept 40 Downloads Per Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.KiLLeR

Hey There,

Just wanted to suggest Mr.Happy that please accept 40 Downloads per day as i think u r accepting only 20, most of the webmasters submit 40 downloads per day, so it will be easy for everyone and plus, u will get more downloads and webmasters get more traffic to the sites

Thanks
Just a thought
Regards

21 comments
Their's a lot of sites with one or two stars which submit poor quality downloads. What we at MechoDDL are trying to do it two things.

The first it to make people think more about their submits and submit the higher quality downloads. This means we get greater quality downloads. It doesn't affect MechoDDL as a site as most people submit the same thing anyway so instead of having 100 copies of the latest movie we only have 50 copies of it which is still more than enough.
Google also prefers this a bit more as their are less duplicate submitted downloads.

The other reason is we plan to have a tiered system. This is coded but not active. You can see in the webmaster area under "My Account" called rewards where good webmasters will be allowed to submit more downloads. The other thing we're introducing is allowing higher ranked sites to submit more Downloads.

This is still under review but will probably be something like this:
5 star sites will be able to submit 50/60 downloads
4 star sites will be able to submit the usual 40 downlaods
3 star sites will be able to submit 30 downloads
2 star and 1 star sites will remain at 20 downloads

The reason is to reward high ranked and hight quality websites by allowing them to submit more. This is also a lot better for MechoDDL as well as the quality of the downloads is far better as their are less submits from low ranked poor quality sites.

RE-RATES
I'm also going to take this opertunity to inform members that if you want a re-rate you can request one in the Webmasters Area under "My Account" => "Re-Rate"

Just click the button and you'll be re-rated in less than 24 hours. You'll also be given detailed feedback and will have a re-rate log of your website. This will be useful if you intend to sell the site as you can inform people of what has to be done to achieve a higher rate.

Any further questions just let me know.

Agree with JJJ.
Maybe there aren't enough admins there to accept 40 submissions per day. :)

We are the only DDL site (as far as I know) to have different levels of staff. We have an Admin area where everything is controled.
SuperModerators Rank - have limited account control and process the Queue
Moderators Rank - Can delete downloads, dead links, process comments, temp ban sites were required etc.

We will advertise as positions become available if required.

Their's a lot of sites with one or two stars which submit poor quality downloads. What we at MechoDDL are trying to do it two things.

The first it to make people think more about their submits and submit the higher quality downloads. This means we get greater quality downloads. It doesn't affect MechoDDL as a site as most people submit the same thing anyway so instead of having 100 copies of the latest movie we only have 50 copies of it which is still more than enough.
Google also prefers this a bit more as their are less duplicate submitted downloads.

The other reason is we plan to have a tiered system. This is coded but not active. You can see in the webmaster area under "My Account" called rewards where good webmasters will be allowed to submit more downloads. The other thing we're introducing is allowing higher ranked sites to submit more Downloads.

The reason is to reward high ranked and hight quality websites by allowing them to submit more. This is also a lot better for MechoDDL as well as the quality of the downloads is far better as their are less submits from low ranked poor quality sites.

RE-RATES
I'm also going to take this opertunity to inform members that if you want a re-rate you can request one in the Webmasters Area under "My Account" => "Re-Rate"

Just click the button and you'll be re-rated in less than 24 hours. You'll also be given detailed feedback and will have a re-rate log of your website. This will be useful if you intend to sell the site as you can inform people of what has to be done to achieve a higher rate.

this sounds good also i'm glad to know that mechoddl aims more @ quality which is a good thing i'll make my best to have 4 star there then :P

RE-RATES

Sounds good :)

yeah why not. High rated websites always send high quality submissions so As Quality is the only matter for us, this suggestion is really good . Thank u

So As Mr Happy also said above it will probably be something like this:

Will post more info about this when we start it .

thanks

any firefox plugins for machoddl??? i m using vbulletin
A few beta tester members on WJunction (can't remember who but their was about 10-15) have it at the moment that's all. With the feedback from the beta version their are some minor alterations that need to be done before it is released and Mecho doesn't want it released until the alterations are made.
It will be released for everyone once the alterations are made. Sorry for the delay.

Going back to the original topic.

That idea of a tiered submit number is now live and active =)

5 star sites can submit 50 download pages a day while the rest are as discussed above.
4 star sites can submit 40 downloads
3 star sites can submit 30 downloads
1 and 2 star sites can submit 20 downloads.

The time period is reduced from 24 hours (one day) to 23 hours and 55 minutes. The reason for this is to allow people use a cron job if they want to submit every 24 hours and their submit cron script is slow etc. Doesn't really affect anyone else but just wanted to mention it.

Thanks MrKiller and everyone for your input and feedback. Hopefully these changes answer the original question and concerns people were having. If anyone else has any other suggestions feel free to make a topic to get other people's feedback too. If it's a private matter or account related you can PM me.

Thanks again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back