Getting indexed on google

Status
Not open for further replies.

multipacksilv

Hi guys I thought I'd put together a quick 4 stage guide on how to get indexed on Google, which I have found over the years tends to be quite successful :p The article has been edited from Website Design Manchester (with their permission ^o))
4 Steps to Getting Indexed on Google

So you have discovered how to research keywords and now you have created your new website. The next stage is to get your website indexed in search engines so people can search for your website. Getting your website indexed in popular search engines doesn’t cost the earth and can be done by following the four simple steps discussed in this article.

Submit Sitemap

The first step in getting your website indexed on Google is to submit a sitemap. Submitting a sitemap to Google, tells Google what is on your website. To submit a sitemap you will first need to generate an XML Sitemap for your website. Once you have done this you will need to create an account on Google Webmasters Tools and then from here submit your own XML Sitemap.

Forum Posting

Once you have submitted your sitemap to Google the next stage is posting on forums which are relevant to your keywords. You need to ensure that the forums you are posting on are appropriate for your website and keyword otherwise the forum posting will be largely ineffective.

Blog Commenting

The third stage to getting your website indexed on Google is to promote your website on blogs, which again are pertinent to your website and keywords. Commenting on popular blogs relevant to your keyword allows you to develop your websites relevance to the keyword. Ensure that your blog posts bring value and are not spam comments as this will have an adverse effect on your website.

Keep Your Content Fresh and up to Date

The final and perhaps most important step in getting your website indexed on Google is ensure that the content on your website is unique and kept up to date. If your website doesn’t have unique content on it, Google will not be interested with your website. In addition to unique content on your website you need to ensure that you keep your website up to date by keeping a steady stream of new unique content to your website.

1 comment
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back