Skip to content
WJunction - Webmaster Forum

Adding google tracking code

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys... I'm new to phpbb, my question/doubt is I added the google tracking code into the existing code but it is not showing up anywhere on the index page. How can I check and add them ?
 

5 comments

Go to Styles - > Your style (Example - Prosilver) - > overall_footer.html and then add the code anywhere in it and it will be active. You can check your website traffic from your registered google analytics :)

Note - The code will not be shown up in the website.
 
Last edited:
Grab your Analytics code and open styles/prosilver/template/overall_footer.html (or replace prosilver with your current style). Find </body> in the file and add the Analytics code just before it. Then save and upload the file.

After you upload it, clear the cache through the ACP(last button under Board Statistics) to apply changes.
 
Oh...thanks a lot but I added them to overall_header.php and still I can track visitors...Please let me know I must add them to footer alone? Sorry for the confusion...
 
Google tracking doesn't work on php forums I've tried adding it to the header and even the footer; it doesn't track visitors. I've found stat counter as one of the best trackers that works on phpbb.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

About the author

J
Active Member · Joined
Nothing much about me Basketball
125
Messages
5
Reactions
18
Points

Advertise on WJunction

Reach 1000's of webmasters, hosts & affiliates. Banner & sponsored-thread slots available.

Contact us
Back
Top Bottom